Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Got To Get You Into My Life

Things are indeed looking up. I got a call back from the people that I showed a couple condos to two weeks ago. They indicated to me at our first meeting that they had looked at other properties already so I took that to mean that they generally just call the realtor whose sign is in the front yard. They asked me to email them some other listings, which I did right away, but I hadn't heard anything from them. Since I could tell that they were people who did things their own way (which is fine) I was pleasantly surprised when they called me at the beginning of the week requesting a showing of homes that Bennett Realty did not have listed. It was at this point that I knew for sure that we had connected as I had suspected.

That is a good feeling, to know that you have made a positive impression on someone. Maybe I'm still just enough of a newbie to fully appreciate the important life decision of someone purchasing a new home and am proud to be a part of that.

But (there's always a big but) my showing is scheduled for the evening that my sister (who is older than I) is arriving. We have not seen each other for almost 3 years. That is the way it usually goes. You sit around and around and around then when things start happening, everything starts happening.

And happening and happening. My porch painter has finally shown up so there is a royal mess in the front of my house. I have also been running around getting paint for said painter.

And happening. My bathroom remodeler (and a client) had finally been able to free up some time to finish my bathroom. So I am supervising that.

And not happening, such as cleaning the house and going to the grocery, etc, etc.

Didn't I just say in a previous posting that if you do something different than what you always do then things will start happening?

Ditto.

No comments: